Dr Duncan Walling
CEO (Founder), FourteenFish
In 2012 I left my career as a GP to set up FourteenFish with Phil. Every appraisal I had promised myself that next year I would get better at recording CPD (and never quite managed it). I wanted to create a system that made this as simple as possible so that appraisals could be more about the good stuff, about spending time reflecting with someone from outside your usual place of work.
What I do outside of FourteenFish: After doing Tough Mudder in 2012 I discovered (much to my own shock) I quite liked running and from there I have become a bit addicted to Ultramarathons (any race longer than a marathon).
Fun fact: I love the Muppets and any movies they star in!
Blogs by Dr Duncan Walling
- IWantGreatCare (1 June 2018)
- Reminding myself to record CPD with Tasks (15 November 2017)
- Getting up in the morning (17 January 2017)
- FourteenFish Tips #4: Common questions about our Appraisal Toolkit (28 November 2016)
- It's the little things (23 August 2016)
- Is this the end of Reflection? (26 July 2016)
- What's the deal with attachment size limits? (21 July 2016)
- Revalidation tips for locums (7 July 2016)
- What can a GP learn from an Entrepreneur (30 June 2016)
- Appraisal for nurses (21 June 2016)
- Crowd sourcing learning (15 June 2016)
- Library launch (14 June 2016)
- Helping General Practice (27 August 2015)
- What counts as CPD? (24 July 2015)
- New Appraisal Update (4 June 2015)
- Our new simplified pricing (13 March 2015)